Recipe by montanamarti
In response to the request for Chocolate Fudge with Evaporated Milk, I have a recipe from my mother's collection which is for "Mamie Eisenhower's Fudge." It used Evaporated Milk, so thought I'd pass it along. It's quite old, and I'm going to type it exactly as it appears on her recipe card.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
ABSOLUTELY GREAT FUDGE & a great keeper of a recipe! This time around most of it went to work with my other half, but I'll be making this again to keep right here at home! [Tagged, made & reviewed in the Election Eats Tag Game]
- 4 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 dash salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 pieces Baker's German's chocolate (sweet)
- 2 (12 ounce) packages chocolate chips
- 1 pint marshmallow whip (marsmallow creame)
- 2 cups nutmeats, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Put granulated sugar in a sauce pan. Add evaporated milk, salt. and 2 tablespoons of butter. Let come to a boil and boil 6 minutes.
- Cut up chocolate fine and add Chocolate bits and Marshmallow Whip. Pour hot liquid on above and beat and beat until thick.
- Add chopped nut meats.
- Pour in 8x8x2 pan which has been greased with butter.
- Hope this works - I know my mother made excellent fudge every year at Christmas, and I think this is the recipe she used! Happy Holidays!