Prep 0 mins
Cook 10 mins
Variation of molasses cookies
Make and share this Mamere's Crybabies recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 375. Mix together first 5 ingredients (stop at nutmeg).
- Beat together brown sugar and melted butter.
- Beat in molasses and egg.
- Stir in dry ingredients alternately with water until just combined.
- Drop batter by rounded teaspoonfuls on greased sheets.
- Bake @ 375 for 10-12 minutes.
- Cool and serve.
I followed the recipe to a tee. So soft and chewy. Wonderful flavor. The only thing I did different was to cut the recipe in half. I had no issues with making these. I will be making these again but the whole batch next time. Thanks MaMere for such a wonderful recipe. Made for PAC 2010
These are interesting cookies - I wondered if they needed more flour but I went on as listed. The result was much more like a cake batter than a cookie dough. The cookies, once baked, are very flat, since the batter was so liquidy. I baked them on parchment paper, and they wanted to stick to the paper, even once cooled. Taste-wise they are good, but I think I'd try adding more flour if I make them again. Thanks for sharing!