Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This was always served as a side dish at the Holidays, or when I made the special request to MaMere, as it is a favorite of mine.
- Drain pineapple, reserving liquid and set aside. Add water to reserved syrup to make 1 cup, in saucepan.
- Heat until mixture boils, dissolve jello in hot liquid and cool.
- Gently stir in gingerale and chill until partially set.
- Meanwhile, blend drained pineapple and cranberry sauce into pineapple mixture and fold into 9x12x2 dish.
- Chill until firm.
- Prepare dessert topping according to directions, fold in cream cheese.
- Spread over gelatin.
- Toast pecans in 1T butter in moderate oven 350 for 10 minutes.
- Spread over salad and chill.
- *prep time does not include refrigeration time needed.
- *** You can also use SF gingerale for this recipe, as well as No sugar added crushed pineapple and SF lemon jello.I save calories by this method.