Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Adopted from the RecipeZaar account. I haven't made it yet. This recipe came from the Surreal Gourmet and will have you dancin'(with the mambo and the salsa)!
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs or 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated ginger
- 1⁄4 cup tamari soy sauce or 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 mangoes, peeled, pitted, and cut into 1/4 inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 -2 jalapeno chile, seeds and membranes removed, minced
- 3 green onions, finely sliced
- 2⁄3 cup lightly packed fresh cilantro leaves, stems discarded, coarsely chopped
- Rinse the chicken thoroughly under cold running water.
- Pat dry with a paper towel.
- In an oven-proof baking dish combine the remaining ingredients.
- Add the chicken and turn several times to mix the ingredients.
- Cover with aluminum foil and marinate for 2 to 4 hours in refrigerator.
- Combine all the salsa ingredients in a bowl and mix thoroughly with a fork.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Transfer covered baking dish to oven and bake for approximately 20 minutes, or until chicken is cooked throughout.
- To serve, spoon a generous serving of salsa onto plate and top with 2 thighs (or 1 breast).
I have made this many times. My family loves it (even my husband that hates chicken). I usually grill it instead of baking it and it works great with porkloin.