Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
All I need is a little bit of Mambo "Ice Cream Sandwich". Ladies and Gentlemen, this is Mambo Number 5. A little bit of pistachio in my life. A little bit of cranberry by my side. A little bit of strawberry is what I see. A little bit of chili in the sun. A little bit of brown sugar all night long. A Mambo ice cream sandwich here I am. So do you see what you are about to enjoy? A great mix of flavors with Aphrodisiac pistachio coated with brown sugar and chili mixed in chocolate. Strawberry’s and cranberries mixed in to vanilla ice cream brought together inside hot waffles. Can you have just one?.
- 4-8 waffles (depending on size of waffles and how much ice cream you want)
- 236.59 ml vanilla ice cream, softened lightly
- 236.59 ml chocolate ice cream, softened lightly
- 59.14 ml pistachios, rough chopped
- 14.79 ml brown sugar
- 0.25 ml chili powder
- 4.92 ml butter, melted
- 59.14 ml strawberry preserves
- 59.14 ml fresh cranberries or 59.14 ml frozen cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Lightly grease a foil lined baking sheet.
- In a bowl, combine pistachio, brown sugar, chili, and butter. Pour out onto prepared baking sheet bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool in a bowl.
- Heat in a small pot preserves and cranberries pop and soften. Remove from heat and cool. Place in a bowl.
- Mix pistachio’s in to the chocolate ice cream and spoon in a freezable container.
- Mix the strawberry/ cranberry mixture into vanilla ice cream and layer over the chocolate ice cream.
- Cover and place in freezer till firm. Time depends on how soft your ice cream was.
- Toast 4- 8 waffles and fill with ice cream being sure to have both layers on each sandwich. Top with a waffle and enjoy!
WOW, this is really good! It made enough for at least 12 waffles, which was fine with me, lol. I made my own vegan ice-cream, which worked out nicely. The pistachio topping was superb, very flavourful and easy to make, too. The presentation is impressive. The chilli flavour came through only a tiny bit and that was perfect. The cranberry jam mix was fruity, sweet and great with the vanilla ice-cream, but made it a bit too runny for our taste.
Loved this and will make it again. Very pretty!
THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing your creation and good luck in the contest!
Made and reviewed for Craze-E Fall 2011.
Well, it's not warm anymore, but there was a really nice day that I was able to enjoy this on. I think the combination is really good, and with the jam and preserves thought I was having a bit of a Sundae in my ice cream sandwhich.
Yum! These were delicious! Loved the blend of flavors. The pistachios added a nice crunch, and the jam really punched up the vanilla ice cream. The filling was thick enough that I used 2 waffles to make one sandwich and cut in half to serve 2 - perfect for us. Thanks for sharing! Veggie Swap 45