Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is what my grandmother used to make when we were sick. It is a delicious chicken soup that I could eat anytime. Mamaw said the Chicken Tippy Toed in and Tippy Toed Out. Just the perfect amount of flavor and nutrition for when you are feeling under the weather. I dont know how many times she made this for me but it always seemed to make me feel better
- Boil Chicken and Onion in the Water about 30 minutes.
- Reduce temperature and simmer on low for additional 2 1/2 hours.
- Remove all Big Hunks of Chicken and bones reserve for another meal.
- Its okay to leave the tiny pieces in the soup.
- Add the large potato which has been cut into a small dice.
- Continue to simmer till potato melts into the broth
- You can also mash it up to accomplish the same thing after has cooked for about 45 minutes.
- Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Serve with Saltines or other similar cracker.