Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This was my Mamaw Jackie's recipe for pumpkin pies made from fresh baked pumpkins.They are so much better than the pies made from canned pumpkin.
- 1 (3 lb) pumpkin
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 (14 ounce) cans sweetened condensed milk
- 4 eggs
- 4 unbaked 9-inch pie shells
- Cut pumpkin in half,remove seeds and cover with foil.
- Bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees.
- After pumpkin has cooled,scoop out of shell and mash pulp.
- Mix all ingredients togather until smooth.
- Pour into unbaked 9" pie crusts.
- Bake for 15 min at 450 degrees and another 45 min at 325 degrees.