Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Rich, with an almost fudge taste... Wonderful served warm or cold. My grandmother used to make this (I'm in my 50's)This recipe is many generations old, so I removed the "abouts, pinches, dabs and dribbles" to modernize the measurements.
- 3⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 4 cups whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Blend dry ingredients in large saucepan.(I prefer using a whisk)
- Slowly add milk, while stirring over medium heat.
- Stir contstantly until pudding comes to a boil and for a couple of minutes more.
- Remove from heat and whisk in butter and vanilla.