1 hr 15 mins
This is a chicken mixture that my mother in law makes to go into her chicken pot pies, but it's so tasty that we usually eat it alone and just add more liquid to it so it becomes a soup. If you add more hearty veggies (ie: potatoes), you'll have a pie filling that's to die for! Thanks, mom!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a separate pot, cook yuca (cassava) until it is slightly firm, but easy enough to cut through. When it is at the desired tenderness, remove from boiling water and cut into cubes. Reserve for later.
- 2In a pan, cook cubed chicken pieces until slightly golden on the outside. Reserve.
- 3Put water into a large pot and add potatoes and a dash of salt. Bring to a boil.
- 4Once water begins to boil, add in boullion cubes and reduce to medium-high heat.
- 5Add in cabbage, celery, onion, yucca, and garlic.
- 6Cook until tender, then add in chicken and mixed vegetables. Cook another 5 minutes.
- 7Serve hot with bread. YUM!
- 8*In step 5, we usually add in dumplings, which is really my favorite part of the soup. Mix flour, water, and a pinch of salt until you are able to form balls. Drop the dumplings into the soup and continue with the recipe.*.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mamaw's Chicken Soup
Serving Size: 1 (398 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 143.5
- Calories from Fat 7
- Total Fat 0.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.5 mg
- Sodium 801.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 3.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: