Southern Lady's Note:
Honeysuckle White packages thinly sliced turkey breasts (this beats pounding to me). Either way, this is a delicious entree and recommend for guests or special occasions. If you don't have any Sherry, increase Marsala to 1-1/4 Cup. Mama Mia, it's a good!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb turkey breast, sliced or pounded thinly
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup marsala wine
- 1/4 cup sherry wine
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced (or minced)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano (Turkish or European is best)
- 1Mix flour, Onion Powder, Salt and Pepper in dredging dish.
- 2Dredge turkey slices and using a skillet brown in hot olive oil approximately 2 minutes each side.
- 3Remove turkey and set aside.
- 4Using same skillet, saute mushrooms in remaining oil for 3-4 minutes.(Do not remove).
- 5Gently deglaze skillet by adding the Marsala Wine.
- 6Add remaining 5 ingredients and cook on medium-low for 10 minutes reducing liquid by one-half.
- 7In separate skillet, arrange turkey slices and carefully pour sauce over turkey.
- 8Bring to a simmer, COVER and cook for 15 minutes.
- 9Sauce should thicken to coat pasta nicely. If you prefer thicker, combine 1 Tbl.cornstarch with a little cold water and add to sauce and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- 10Serve with angel hair, linguini, or fettucini pasta.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mama's Turkey Marsala (Or Chicken)
Serving Size: 1 (475 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 781.2
- Calories from Fat 179
- Total Fat 19.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 98.2 mg
- Sodium 629.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 35.5 g