Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Honeysuckle White packages thinly sliced turkey breasts (this beats pounding to me). Either way, this is a delicious entree and recommend for guests or special occasions. If you don't have any Sherry, increase Marsala to 1-1/4 Cup. Mama Mia, it's a good!
- 1 lb turkey breast, sliced or pounded thinly
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup marsala wine
- 1⁄4 cup sherry wine
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced (or minced)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano (Turkish or European is best)
- Mix flour, Onion Powder, Salt and Pepper in dredging dish.
- Dredge turkey slices and using a skillet brown in hot olive oil approximately 2 minutes each side.
- Remove turkey and set aside.
- Using same skillet, saute mushrooms in remaining oil for 3-4 minutes.(Do not remove).
- Gently deglaze skillet by adding the Marsala Wine.
- Add remaining 5 ingredients and cook on medium-low for 10 minutes reducing liquid by one-half.
- In separate skillet, arrange turkey slices and carefully pour sauce over turkey.
- Bring to a simmer, COVER and cook for 15 minutes.
- Sauce should thicken to coat pasta nicely. If you prefer thicker, combine 1 Tbl.cornstarch with a little cold water and add to sauce and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve with angel hair, linguini, or fettucini pasta.
Very easy and cheap - my husband loved it! I have a chicken allergy so this is a great alternative to the typical chicken marsala for me.
I love this recipie. I choose this one because it uses sherry and marsala. Excellent. I will be using this recipie from now on. I did not add the lemon juice.