I believe my husband's grandmother came up with this soup, and it was the first recipe I got from my mother in law. I had to have it! This is an easy soup to make, and is very filling. I make a pone of cornbread to serve with it and it's a complete meal.
- Cook onion and tomatoes together until onion is tender (add water if need to finish cooking process).
- Cook macaroni noodles until tender (as directed on box).
- Drain and mix with tomato and onion.
- Add milk and cheese packet.
- Add butter/margarine and salt and pepper.
- Add water to achieve desired thickness (this cooks up real thick, so I usually add a couple of cups).
- Heat until boiling, then turn off the heat and let sit for a bit before serving.