1/2 Photos of Mama's Tomato Macaroni Soup
Chef CPJ's Note:
I believe my husband's grandmother came up with this soup, and it was the first recipe I got from my mother in law. I had to have it! This is an easy soup to make, and is very filling. I make a pone of cornbread to serve with it and it's a complete meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook onion and tomatoes together until onion is tender (add water if need to finish cooking process).
- 2Cook macaroni noodles until tender (as directed on box).
- 3Drain and mix with tomato and onion.
- 4Add milk and cheese packet.
- 5Add butter/margarine and salt and pepper.
- 6Add water to achieve desired thickness (this cooks up real thick, so I usually add a couple of cups).
- 7Heat until boiling, then turn off the heat and let sit for a bit before serving.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mama's Tomato Macaroni Soup
Serving Size: 1 (165 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 350.8
- Calories from Fat 178
- Total Fat 19.8 g
- Saturated Fat 12.2 g
- Cholesterol 57.3 mg
- Sodium 606.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 6.9 g
- Protein 9.6 g