6 hrs 20 mins
I went through EVERY tiramisu recipe on the site, and this one is different and is definitely worth trying. I had a Swiss Au Pair when I was a child and she taught me this recipe. I have made it every Christmas since from memory and this is the first time I've written it down, I usually guess quantities. If there was one recipe that I hope my kids will learn and pass on to future generations its this one! I use any spirits that are in my cabinet at the time of making so use whatever alcohol you like or leave it out if you prefer. I use a large trifle bowl.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Beat the egg yolks with half the sugar until light and pale.
- 2Whip the egg white with the remaining sugar until it reaches the soft peak stage.
- 3Whip the cream until it reaches soft peak stage.
- 4Loosen the mascarpone with a beater and combine the egg yolk and cream with the mascarpone.
- 5Add the lemon zest and juice.
- 6Gently fold in the egg whites. You should have a very light fluffy mixture at this stage.
- 7Combine coffee and alcohol and dip the boudoir biscuits into the mixture as needed. (don't leave them soaking or they will fall apart).
- 8Build layers of biscuits, mascarpone mixture and grated chocolate.
- 9Refrigerate overnight or for at least 6 hours.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mama's Tiramisu
Serving Size: 1 (190 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 589.7
- Calories from Fat 303
- Total Fat 33.7 g
- Saturated Fat 20.1 g
- Cholesterol 169.9 mg
- Sodium 60.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.8 g
- Sugars 31.8 g
- Protein 10.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: