Recipe by linguinelisa
this is a big family favorite my mother would make. she just called it goulash and i wasn't until i started reading cookbooks i realized how unusual it was, it's not really hungarian but more tex-mex style. delicious.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 16 ounces pinto beans, undrained
- 10 ounces condensed tomato soup
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 6 ounces water, if needed (or more)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder (to taste)
- 2 cups dry macaroni
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet or Dutch oven, brown ground beef and onions. Add salt and pepper. Drain grease from pan.
- Add remaining ingredients except macaroni. Heat to a simmer.
- Meanwhile, cook macaroni according to package directions for al dente. Drain, then and to sauce and heat through. You may need to add extra water to keep from getting too dry.