Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
You asked for it. Here it is. Thanks so much to MaMa's Supper Club. Wish we could all go there.
Make and share this MaMa's Supper Club Tilapia Parmesan recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs tilapia fillets (orange roughy, cod or red snapper can be substituted)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 4 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped green onions
- 1⁄4 teaspoon seasoning salt (I like Old Bay seasoning here)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- black pepper
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In buttered 13-by-9-inch baking dish or jellyroll pan, lay fillets in single layer.
- Do not stack fillets.
- Brush top with juice.
- In bowl combine cheese, butter, mayonnaise, onions and seasonings.
- Mix well with fork.
- Bake fish in preheated oven 10 to 20 minutes or until fish just starts to flake.
- Spread with cheese mixture and bake until golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- Baking time will depend on the thickness of the fish you use.
- Watch fish closely so that it does not overcook.
- Makes 4 servings.
- Note: This fish can also be made in a broiler.
- Broil 3 to 4 minutes or until almost done.
- Add cheese and broil another 2 to 3 minutes or until browned.
- Thank you Mama's Supper Club in Wisconsin.
This was amazing! I do not like fish, but we are trying to eat healthier so this was good. Speaking of healthier...the 4 TBSP of Butter and 3TBSP of mayonnaise would have knocked healthier out of the park, so I substituted the mayonnaise with plain yogurt. It was still wonderful. I will definitely make it again and again. Thank you for such a wonderful recipe.
SOOOO delicious! I thought I had frozen Tilapia at home but it was catfish so I used that. Had to leave out the green onions so used about 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder instead. The fish was beautiful when it came out of the oven and tasted like it looked. I eventually convinced my 7-1/2 year old grandson who said "I don't like FISH" to take a bite and as I put it in his mouth he said "yuk....YUM!!!" and ate about 1/2 of mine even though he'd already had his dinner. My 3 year old twin granddaughters also loved it! I really could have eaten the topping with a spoon but for sure I will use this recipe over and over!! UPDATE: Made this with Tilapia and it is super good! For the seasoning salt I used a bit of Cajun seasoning.
Mmmm! My, oh my! Heaven on a plate! MaMa's Tilapia is my husband's most requested recipe! I add 1/4 cup of seasoned breadcrumbs and a little basil, mixed in with the grated parmesan and I decrease the butter a little. The quick broil gives it a wonderful golden dimension! Thank you so much Crabbycakes! Everyone is grateful for the tastiest fish dish ever! Mama Marilyn