Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
You asked for it. Here it is. Thanks so much to MaMa's Supper Club. Wish we could all go there.
- 2 lbs tilapia fillets (orange roughy, cod or red snapper can be substituted)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 4 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped green onions
- 1⁄4 teaspoon seasoning salt (I like Old Bay seasoning here)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- black pepper
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In buttered 13-by-9-inch baking dish or jellyroll pan, lay fillets in single layer.
- Do not stack fillets.
- Brush top with juice.
- In bowl combine cheese, butter, mayonnaise, onions and seasonings.
- Mix well with fork.
- Bake fish in preheated oven 10 to 20 minutes or until fish just starts to flake.
- Spread with cheese mixture and bake until golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- Baking time will depend on the thickness of the fish you use.
- Watch fish closely so that it does not overcook.
- Makes 4 servings.
- Note: This fish can also be made in a broiler.
- Broil 3 to 4 minutes or until almost done.
- Add cheese and broil another 2 to 3 minutes or until browned.
- Thank you Mama's Supper Club in Wisconsin.
This was amazing! I do not like fish, but we are trying to eat healthier so this was good. Speaking of healthier...the 4 TBSP of Butter and 3TBSP of mayonnaise would have knocked healthier out of the park, so I substituted the mayonnaise with plain yogurt. It was still wonderful. I will definitely make it again and again. Thank you for such a wonderful recipe.
SOOOO delicious! I thought I had frozen Tilapia at home but it was catfish so I used that. Had to leave out the green onions so used about 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder instead. The fish was beautiful when it came out of the oven and tasted like it looked. I eventually convinced my 7-1/2 year old grandson who said "I don't like FISH" to take a bite and as I put it in his mouth he said "yuk....YUM!!!" and ate about 1/2 of mine even though he'd already had his dinner. My 3 year old twin granddaughters also loved it! I really could have eaten the topping with a spoon but for sure I will use this recipe over and over!! UPDATE: Made this with Tilapia and it is super good! For the seasoning salt I used a bit of Cajun seasoning.
Mmmm! My, oh my! Heaven on a plate! MaMa's Tilapia is my husband's most requested recipe! I add 1/4 cup of seasoned breadcrumbs and a little basil, mixed in with the grated parmesan and I decrease the butter a little. The quick broil gives it a wonderful golden dimension! Thank you so much Crabbycakes! Everyone is grateful for the tastiest fish dish ever! Mama Marilyn