1/2 Photos of Mama's Spicy Zucchini Casserole
Seasoned Cook's Note:
OUTSTANDING! My mother always knew how to season food and she was a great cook! The blend of the vegetables seasoned with chili powder makes this casserole go to the top of the scale!! You can go up or down with the amount of chili powder to suit your own spicy taste. You may like to change the spice to Italian seasoning and try that. I do it both ways.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut zucchini into 1/2 inch strips. Boil in salted water until tender. Drain.
- 2Melt butter and saute onion and green pepper in a sauce pan. Add tomatoes and chili powder. Cook for 5 minutes and add zucchini.
- 3Blend melted butter with cracker crumbs. Layer 1/2 of zucchini mixture, 1/2 of cracker crumbs and 1/2 of cheese.
- 4Add remaining zucchini mixture, 1/2 of cheese and 1/2 of cracker crumbs.
- 5Bake 25 to 30 minutes in a 340 degree oven.
- 6Note: Yellow squash may be substituted for zucchini.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mama's Spicy Zucchini Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (228 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 429.4
- Calories from Fat 222
- Total Fat 24.7 g
- Saturated Fat 15.2 g
- Cholesterol 67.8 mg
- Sodium 511.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 6.5 g
- Protein 12.4 g