Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Everyone that has ever eaten this loved it. It also freezes well for another night. This works very well for lasagna and Manacotti too. I usually add the spaghetti and bake it for about 40 miutes at a 350 degree oven.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb Italian sausage
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 (12 ounce) cans crushed tomatoes
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup bouillon
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons oregano
- 2 small bay leaves, crushed
- 1⁄2 lb fresh sliced mushrooms
- in a large pot.
- Brown Ground Beef and Sausage.
- Drain Add onions and garlic cook until limp.
- Add the rest of the ingredients except mushrooms.
- Simmer for 2 1/2 hours.
- Add mushrooms and cook for an additional 1/2 an hour.
this sauce turned out great!