A family holiday favorite now for more than 40 years. Perfect for Thanksgiving, Christmas and Easter. It goes nicely with turkey or ham. It is very rich so I recommend starting with 1/2 cup sugar then adding more to suit your taste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
SWEET POTATO MIXTURE
- 2 cups mashed sweet potato (do not use canned)
- 1 cup sugar (START WITH 1/2 CUP AND ADD MORE TO TASTE)
- 1/3 cup butter (melted)
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1SWEET POTATO MIXTURE:.
- 2Mash sweet potato.
- 3Put all ingredients listed for sweet potato mixture in a medium sized mixing bowl and mix well.
- 4Pour into greased 9 inch square pan.
- 5Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
- 6While this is baking make Crunchy Topping.
- 7CRUNCHY TOPPING:.
- 8Put all ingredients listed for crunchy topping in a medium sized mixing bowl and mix well.
- 9Spread Crunchy Topping mixture evenly over top of baked sweet potato mixture and return to the oven for an additional 10 minutes at 400 degrees.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mama's Southern Sweet Potato Bake
Serving Size: 1 (239 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 564.1
- Calories from Fat 256
- Total Fat 28.5 g
- Saturated Fat 14.3 g
- Cholesterol 58.2 mg
- Sodium 515.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 77.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 60.1 g
- Protein 4.1 g