1/3 Photos of Mama's Sour Cream Eggy Hot Cakes
Another recipe from my Great Aunt's collection. She clipped this from the Chicago Tribune on July 5,1972, where it had won the weekly "$5 Favorite Recipe Prize." Makes a small batch. While the original version called for only 2 Tbsp of flour, I found they needed a bit more. These are very eggy pancakes - their texture and taste is quite different from a more floury pancake. They can be a little tricky to turn- make sure you keep the heat low enough not to burn them, and wait to flip until the surface really is riddled with air bubbles. Recipe doubles well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combie dry ingredients, then mix in eggs, beating until smooth.
- 2Blend in sour cream.
- 3Pour 1/4-1/3 cup ladlefuls of batter on a well greased hot griddle (medium heat) until many small bubbles appear on the surface, flip over and brown the other side.
- 4Repeat until all battter has been used.
- 5Serve hot with butter and syrup or powdered sugar, if desired.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mama's Sour Cream Eggy Hot Cakes
Serving Size: 1 (184 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 357.3
- Calories from Fat 247
- Total Fat 27.5 g
- Saturated Fat 14.8 g
- Cholesterol 245.8 mg
- Sodium 768.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 13.6 g
- Protein 9.4 g