Recipe by Um Safia
We make pasta salad quite a bit in our house & this is definitely one of our very favourites. The kids wolf this down! It is great as a light lunch, a side dish, on a picnic etc. You can add ingredients or change them round to suit your tastes or what you have on hand.
Top Review by magpie diner
Thanks this was a really nice salad. I wasn't sure how much pasta I would need to provide 6 cups, so I just used a whole box of fusili, which is 375 grams - seems like the right amount. I wish I had my camera to take a photo because it's a very pretty looking salad. I used whole wheat pasta and threw together a quick garlic mayo using about 12 tbsp of mayo, juice of one lemon, some parsley and three cloves of garlic. I'll make this for the next bbq or potluck we go to. Swapping dill for the italian seasonings would be nice too. Thx again!
- 6 cups cooked pasta (we like penne or the med. shells for this)
- 120 g smoked salmon, finely sliced
- 3⁄4 cup garlic mayonnaise
- 1 cup lettuce, shredded
- 3⁄4 cup cucumber, peeled & finely sliced (we use English cukes)
- 1⁄4 cup sweetcorn
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mixed Italian herbs
- salt and black pepper
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 eggs, hardboiled & chopped
- 2 small pickled cucumbers, finely sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- in a large bowl or pot, mix the mayo with the salmon & seasonings.
- Add the rest of the ingredients & mix well.
- You can add more mayo or a simple vinigrette if you want a creamier salad.
- Serve or store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 48 hours.