Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
My mom made this all the time growing up and I still make it today. My boyfriend loves it. Serving size is approximate
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Brown ground beef and drain.
- Drain MOST of the water out of the peas and corn then dump peas and corn into casserole dish.
- Mix in the ground beef with the corn and peas.
- Spread potatoes over the top to cover well.
- Cover top with slices of velvetta or shredded cheddar.
- Bake for approximately 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
This is total comfort food. I doubled the recipe to make 2 casseroles and put them in 2 - 9 inch pans which were very full. I used 1 can of corn & 1 can of carrots instead of 2 cans of corn. I also topped this with boxed Velveeta cheese. I also added 1 T onion powder & 1/2 tsp garlic powder to the ground beef when I browned it in the skillet for a little extra flavor. This is so easy and so good. Also when I fixed the mashed potatoes, I added margarine and full strength evaporated milk. This gives the potatoes a richer flavor. I will make this again.
Tried this and it was very good. Thanks.
My boyfriend has been bugging me to make him shepards pie for a while now. When i came across this recipe i decided to make it for him. It was very easy to make and he loved it.