Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I didn't really know what I was going to make for dinner but I knew I wanted some zucchini and I have to avoid salt. I love the mix of flavors and you can always use whatever other vegetables that you want to. I also do this in foil packets and throw them on the bbq so I don't have to heat up my house, I put them on the upper rack when I start the bbq and by the time whatever I'm bbqing is done it is also done.
- 3 zucchini, sliced into half circles
- 3 yellow squash, sliced into half circles
- 1⁄2 onion, diced
- 3 tomatoes, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 tablespoons fresh basil, minced
- 1 tablespoon sodium-free seasoning (such as Mrs.Dash)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Lightly grease a 9x13 pan and, set aside. Skip step 1 and 2 if you are going to use the bbq and make foil packets.
- In a large bowl add zucchini, squash, tomatoes, onions, garlic and basil.
- Into the bowl add the no salt seasoning and olive oil.
- Toss gently with a spoon to coat all the vegetables with the seasoning and olive oil.
- In the greased pan layer the vegetable mix in a single layer and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender to your liking.
- If you are making foil packets, spray the foil lightly with cooking spray and fill them with no more than 3/4 of veggies topped with just a sprinkling of Parmesan.