Prep 3 mins
Cook 5 mins
Suggested frosting for Basic 1-2-3-4 Cake
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 (1 lb) box powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup nuts, chopped (optional)
- In a saucepan, combine butter, cocoa, and milk; bring to a boil.
- Add sugar and vanilla; beat well until smooth.
- Note: If frosting becomes too stiff, add 1 drop of water at a time to desired consistency.
- Frost cake and sprinkle on nuts, if desired.
This is a nice, easy-to-make fudge frosting. I used 1/4 cup of the cocoa instead of the 3 tbsp., for a little added chocolate flavor. I'll never understand why folks use canned frosting when you can prepare a recipe such as this one, that will be fresh and home-made tasty. Keep this one in your files!