Recipe by Mama's Kitchen (Hope)
This is how I make them at home! These are dsil's favorite- with no onion and tomato and extra sour cream! lol The great thing about quesadill's is you can tailor them to your exact tastes and it is a great way to sneak some veggies into those veggie haters. Try adding some tomato, avocado, spinach, mushrooms, etc.. inside the tortilla. Great way to introduce herbs too! Try cilantro, cumin, etc here! hope you enjoy!
- 113.39 g asadero cheese, grated or 113.39 g monterey jack cheese or 113.39 g monterey jack pepper cheese
- 59.14 ml green onion, chopped, white and green parts- about 4
- 118.29 ml cooked chicken, shredded (optional)
- 4 flour tortillas
- salsa (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a skillet over medium high heat.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle cheese, chicken- if using, and onion on top of one tortilla. Then sprinkle a little more cheese on top. Top with another flour tortilla to make a sandwich.
- Spray hot skillet with cooking spray. Lay tortilla sandwich in pan and cook til browned.
- Flip gently to other side and cook until browned. Remove to cutting board and let rest for about 2 minutes before cutting.
- Slice with a knife into four pieces- like cutting a pie or a pizza.
- Serve and enjoy!