1/3 Photos of Mama's Quesadillas
Mama's Kitchen (Hope)'s Note:
This is how I make them at home! These are dsil's favorite- with no onion and tomato and extra sour cream! lol The great thing about quesadill's is you can tailor them to your exact tastes and it is a great way to sneak some veggies into those veggie haters. Try adding some tomato, avocado, spinach, mushrooms, etc.. inside the tortilla. Great way to introduce herbs too! Try cilantro, cumin, etc here! hope you enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 ounces asadero cheese, grated or 4 ounces monterey jack cheese or 4 ounces monterey jack pepper cheese
- 1/4 cup green onion, chopped, white and green parts- about 4
- 1/2 cup cooked chicken, shredded (optional)
- 4 flour tortillas
- 1Heat a skillet over medium high heat.
- 2Meanwhile, sprinkle cheese, chicken- if using, and onion on top of one tortilla. Then sprinkle a little more cheese on top. Top with another flour tortilla to make a sandwich.
- 3Spray hot skillet with cooking spray. Lay tortilla sandwich in pan and cook til browned.
- 4Flip gently to other side and cook until browned. Remove to cutting board and let rest for about 2 minutes before cutting.
- 5Slice with a knife into four pieces- like cutting a pie or a pizza.
- 6Serve and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mama's Quesadillas
Serving Size: 1 (164 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 394.6
- Calories from Fat 187
- Total Fat 20.8 g
- Saturated Fat 11.3 g
- Cholesterol 60.0 mg
- Sodium 757.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 18.1 g