Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is how I make them at home! These are dsil's favorite- with no onion and tomato and extra sour cream! lol The great thing about quesadill's is you can tailor them to your exact tastes and it is a great way to sneak some veggies into those veggie haters. Try adding some tomato, avocado, spinach, mushrooms, etc.. inside the tortilla. Great way to introduce herbs too! Try cilantro, cumin, etc here! hope you enjoy!
- 4 ounces asadero cheese, grated or 4 ounces monterey jack cheese or 4 ounces monterey jack pepper cheese
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped, white and green parts- about 4
- 1⁄2 cup cooked chicken, shredded (optional)
- 4 flour tortillas
- salsa (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- Heat a skillet over medium high heat.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle cheese, chicken- if using, and onion on top of one tortilla. Then sprinkle a little more cheese on top. Top with another flour tortilla to make a sandwich.
- Spray hot skillet with cooking spray. Lay tortilla sandwich in pan and cook til browned.
- Flip gently to other side and cook until browned. Remove to cutting board and let rest for about 2 minutes before cutting.
- Slice with a knife into four pieces- like cutting a pie or a pizza.
- Serve and enjoy!
Used chicken,peppers,onions,cheese,,delicious.Will make again.
I lseft out the chicken and enjoyed these with rice for dinner! Very tasty and so easy too! Thanks! Made for Beverage Tag.
*YUM* It doesn't get any easier than this. These Quesadillas are brilliant! The flavors were right on. I did use Frozen Fajita seasoned chicken strips cut up for the cooked chicken. Just popped in the microwave for 5 minutes and cut into chunks. This was a really fast and very satisfying dinner. My family loved it. Served with Salsa on the side. This would be great for those nights when you just want something quick and delicious. This goes into my "Favorites by Zaar" cookbook. Thanks for sharing Hope. Yum. (Made for Beverage Tag Tailgating/Potlucks 9/08)