Recipe by chefdef
This has become a staple in my family over the years. It is always present at family gatherings. This is great for potlucks and other gatherings, easily doubled and great tasting.
Top Review by babysimilac
I printed this out months ago for my mother in law. She has made for every family function and everyone loves it! I made it yesterday and it is so wonderful. We like to serve it with ham. The boys love it alone as a treat. Thanks for the great recipe!
- 1 (15 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 (1/4 ounce) envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup pecans (optional)
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip
Directions See How It's Made
- In med sauce pan mix pineapple, sugar, and gelatin. Bring to boil. Continue boiling for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Stir in softened cream cheese until cheese is melted and well mixed.
- Add pecans (optional)and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Fold in Cool Whip and refrigerate for several hours.
- **Best if refrigerated overnight**.