Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
We are big pasta eaters & its different then most.My son at the time was 16teen helped me dress it up. You could also use spaghetti pasta
- 2 lbs sweet Italian sausage (any flavor)
- 1 medium chopped onion
- 2 diced garlic cloves
- 1 chopped green pepper, and
- red pepper
- 0.5 (12 ounce) can chicken broth
- 0.5 (12 ounce) can beer
- 1 1⁄2 cups portabella mushrooms
- 2 medium scallions, chopped keeping the greens for topping
- 24 ounces penne pasta
- 1 teaspoon crushed salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 pinch basil
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 (12 ounce) candrained diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- you may also use 1/2c . tomato sauce
- In a large saucepan brown sausage,drain off 12 the fat,add onion,.
- garlic,peppers cook until tender.
- Add broth,beer,mushrooms,scallions, all of,.
- the seasoning keep back half the parsley ,all the greens for.
- topping,add diced tomatoes simmer 15 to 20 minutes.
- cook penne pasta accordingly to pkg.& keeping back 12 cup of pasta water then drain,.
- Add pasta to cooked mixture with 1/2 cup of,.
- pasta water, simmer for 7 to 10 mins.or until.
- Top with parmesan,remaining parsley.greens of the scallion.