Recipe by jodyladybug
This recipe comes from my mother-in-law and it is WONDERFUL!!! Tastes great warm with butter spread on top and also freezes well. EASY and YUM.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 3 large bananas (over ripe and mashed)
- 1⁄2 cup pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease and flour a bread pan.
- combine sugar, four, baking soda, and salt.
- combine margarine, eggs, and bananas.
- add to dry ingrediants just until blended.
- stir in pecans (or walnuts).
- pour batter into prepared pan.
- bake for 45-40 minutes or until done.
- If you want a chocolate banana bread, add 2 oz. of melted, unsweetened chocolate into wet ingredients.