Recipe by Gwanny Hill
Our instant Russian Tea mixes with Tang and instant tea powder are good, but nothing can compare to coming in to the wonderful aroma of this old-fashioned beverage as it simmers on the stove! It brings back special memories of Christmas time when I was a child and this was our "special holiday treat" during World War II.
- 1 gallon water
- 15 whole cloves
- 6 cinnamon sticks
- 4 regular-size tea bags
- 2 cups orange juice
- 2 cups pineapple juice
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 2 cups sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil water with cloves and cinnamon sticks for 20 minutes in large non-aluminum pot.
- Remove from heat, add the tea bags and cover.
- Allow mixture to"steep" for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight.
- After steeping process is completed, combine in another sauce pan the orange, pineapple, and lemon juices with the sugar.
- Heat gently, stirring to melt and mix the sugar.
- Drain spices from tea mixture.
- Combine the tea and juice mixtures.
- Heat and enjoy!
- NOTE: Preparation time does not include"steeping time".