Recipe by Mama's Kitchen (Hope)
We have come to adore this chicken. Part of a meal I created for RSC 8 Island Mojito Chicken and Rice With Salsa Tropicale. Here is just the chicken for those who want a simpler recipe. We use boneless skinless chicken breasts but use whatever you like. This marinade is enough for one whole chicken cut up or 8 pieces. I have included the weight just to give you an idea. Of course, it will weigh more if the pieces have bones.
Top Review by bigbadbrenda
I just discovered I really dont like cumin. I put only 1 tsp in and I found it was too strong a taste for me. I didnt taste anything else in the dish. I will make it again but I think I will put just 1/4 tsp. and ajust the flavour a bit. Made for ZWT4 for the Chic Chefs.
- 3 -4 lbs chicken or 2 -3 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup rum
- 1⁄2 cup mint, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon lime zest (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons cumin (We love cumin but if you are not cumin crazy, reduce it by half)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine ALL marinade ingredients together in a blender; blend until smooth.
- Pour into a zipper seal bag.
- Add chicken breasts and allow to marinade in refrigerator for 2-4 hours.
- Discard marinade after that time.
- At this point the chicken may either be roasted in the oven at 425 F or cooked on a grill.
- Cook just until meat is no longer pink in middle, about 20 minutes; turn once during cooking.
- Note: Feel free to adjust seasonings to your liking. Amount of hot pepper can be increased or omitted if you prefer.