1/7 Photos of Mama's Mojito Chicken
Mama's Kitchen (Hope)'s Note:
We have come to adore this chicken. Part of a meal I created for RSC 8 Island Mojito Chicken and Rice With Salsa Tropicale. Here is just the chicken for those who want a simpler recipe. We use boneless skinless chicken breasts but use whatever you like. This marinade is enough for one whole chicken cut up or 8 pieces. I have included the weight just to give you an idea. Of course, it will weigh more if the pieces have bones.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup rum
- 1/2 cup mint, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon lime zest (optional)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons cumin (We love cumin but if you are not cumin crazy, reduce it by half)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1Combine ALL marinade ingredients together in a blender; blend until smooth.
- 2Pour into a zipper seal bag.
- 3Add chicken breasts and allow to marinade in refrigerator for 2-4 hours.
- 4Discard marinade after that time.
- 5At this point the chicken may either be roasted in the oven at 425 F or cooked on a grill.
- 6Cook just until meat is no longer pink in middle, about 20 minutes; turn once during cooking.
- 7Note: Feel free to adjust seasonings to your liking. Amount of hot pepper can be increased or omitted if you prefer.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mama's Mojito Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (301 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 596.3
- Calories from Fat 288
- Total Fat 32.0 g
- Saturated Fat 9.0 g
- Cholesterol 155.2 mg
- Sodium 155.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 14.1 g
- Protein 39.9 g