Recipe by Mama's Kitchen (Hope)
This started with a recipe from the Big Star Diner, Bainbridge Island, WA. Of course, I can't leave anything alone when it comes to my kitchen! So I tossed this around and came up with a recipe I hope you really enjoy. NOTE: If you reduce the amount in this recipe you MUST adjust the cooking time or you will end up with very dry results.
Top Review by lauralie41
Wonderful meatloaf full of flavor and so moist. I used 2 pounds of ground round, italian seasoned bread crumbs, a store brand steak sauce, and Durkee Grill Creations. When almost ready to come out of the oven topped it with a thin layer of steak sauce. The meatloaf held together so nicely when slicing, just like my grandmas used too. I wont be making my meatloaf again after trying this one! Thank you mama for a great recipe. Made and reviewed for the Please Review My Recipe tag game.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon grill seasoning
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 slices bread
- 2 tablespoons steak sauce (recommended A1)
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In large bowl, mix ground beef, garlic, thyme, grill seasoning and parmesan cheese until well mixed.
- Lightly toast the bread and crumble into large crumbs. Add steak sauce, Worcestershire sauce, eggs and milk and mix until incorporated.
- Place in 9 by 13-inch casserole dish and shape into a loaf. Add water to pan to come up to 1/4-inch of the meat loaf.
- Bake for 50 minutes until done. Glaze with additional steak sauce if desired.