Recipe by Just Nora
A stick to your ribs, delicious slice of comfort food. Great cold for sandwiches the next day! I sometimes substitute matzo meal or bread crumbs for the oatmeal.
Top Review by Papa D 1946-2012
This is a wonderful meatloaf, firm and full of flavor. I used bread crumbs and cut the glaze in half as 1 cup of ketchup would have been too much in my opinion, came out fine. Can't wait to make a sandwich :>) Made for *Fall 2008 PAC* and served Recipe #124071 as a side. Thanks!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 lb sausage (such as Bob Evans or Jimmy Dean, the kind that comes in a tube)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup uncooked oatmeal
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 cups ketchup, divided
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried mustard
- cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine ground beef, sausage, chopped onion, egg, oatmeal and 1/2 cup of the ketchup.
- Mix together thoroughly. The best way to do this is with your hands!
- Spray a large baking dish with cooking spray, then form the meatloaf into a loaf shape in the baking dish.
- Bake for one hour.
- Mix together one cup of ketchup, the dried mustard and the brown sugar.
- Spoon over the meatloaf, then bake for 10 more minutes.
- Allow the meatloaf to rest 5-10 minutes before slicing and serving.