Cook1 hr 10 mins
A stick to your ribs, delicious slice of comfort food. Great cold for sandwiches the next day! I sometimes substitute matzo meal or bread crumbs for the oatmeal.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine ground beef, sausage, chopped onion, egg, oatmeal and 1/2 cup of the ketchup.
- Mix together thoroughly. The best way to do this is with your hands!
- Spray a large baking dish with cooking spray, then form the meatloaf into a loaf shape in the baking dish.
- Bake for one hour.
- Mix together one cup of ketchup, the dried mustard and the brown sugar.
- Spoon over the meatloaf, then bake for 10 more minutes.
- Allow the meatloaf to rest 5-10 minutes before slicing and serving.
This is a wonderful meatloaf, firm and full of flavor. I used bread crumbs and cut the glaze in half as 1 cup of ketchup would have been too much in my opinion, came out fine. Can't wait to make a sandwich :>) Made for *Fall 2008 PAC* and served Sauteed Spinach as a side. Thanks!