Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs 30 mins
This is a very good meat loaf. I think it is addictive. Can also be made in a crock pot
- 3 lbs ground pork
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 teaspoons sage
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup cracker, crushed
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 quart tomato juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- Mix meat, celery, sage, salt& pepper, eggs, chili powder, 1/2 of pepper (chop fine) and 1/2 of the crumbs.
- Mix well& roll in 1/2 of crumbs.
- Form into loaf.
- Line pan with foil.
- Place loaf in pan& cover with juice.
- Top with slices of 1/2 bell pepper.
- Sprinkle w/ chili powder, sage, salt and pepper.
- Bake covered 325* 2 1/2 hours.
- Uncover and brown.
Lali, mama would be proud!!! I used 2 pounds of pork and a pound of sausage. It turned out FANTASTIC!!!