Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Simple but great flavor and Mama knows
- 2 (28 ounce) cans crushed tomatoes
- 4 cloves of minced garlic
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup red wine
- 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh parsley
- 4 teaspoons fresh basil or 4 teaspoons dried basil
- 4 teaspoons dried oregano
- salt and pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a small saucepan on medium-low heat.
- Add garlic and sauté gently for about 2 minutes.
- Add the crushed tomatoes.
- Stir gently and add red wine, and herbs.
- Cover and let simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Simmer for another 10 minutes and serve.
I'm an experienced cook, however this is my first time making an authentic marinara sauce and i'm real pleased with the results. Only thing i would do diffrent is cut the red wine down to 3/4 cup. Thanks for a great recipe John!
Great recipe, easy to make and we really enjoyed the full flavor. Thanks!
I don't even have to taste this because this is how I fix mine using only 1/2 C of red wine. Thanks for posting it for me :0)