Recipe by Johnney
Simple but great flavor and Mama knows
Top Review by Pamela J
I'm an experienced cook, however this is my first time making an authentic marinara sauce and i'm real pleased with the results. Only thing i would do diffrent is cut the red wine down to 3/4 cup. Thanks for a great recipe John!
- 2 (28 ounce) cans crushed tomatoes
- 4 cloves of minced garlic
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup red wine
- 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh parsley
- 4 teaspoons fresh basil or 4 teaspoons dried basil
- 4 teaspoons dried oregano
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the olive oil in a small saucepan on medium-low heat.
- Add garlic and sauté gently for about 2 minutes.
- Add the crushed tomatoes.
- Stir gently and add red wine, and herbs.
- Cover and let simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Simmer for another 10 minutes and serve.