Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe is from Mabel King's collection, the late actress known as Mama from the 70s TV Show "What's Happening!!", which I found while surfing the internet. I haven't tried it yet, but it sounds delicious.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut one block of cheese into small chunks.
- In a round casserole dish, mix the macaroni, eggs, butter, small chunks of cheese, and a few shakes of paprika together.
- Add the evaporated milk.
- The mixture should be thick, but not slushy.
- Cut the second block of cheese into strips, and place on top of the casserole.
- Sprinkle a little more paprika on top.
- Place some pieces of butter on top.
- Bake for 20 minutes until the top bubbles and becomes golden brown.
- Let it cool before cutting with a spatula into wedges, like a piece of pie.
We liked this but it was a little to bland for our tastes. We tend to like a "bite" in our foods. I will add this to our main cookbook to try again with some changes. Black pepper or cayenne would have helped.