This recipe is from Mabel King's collection, the late actress known as Mama from the 70s TV Show "What's Happening!!", which I found while surfing the internet. I haven't tried it yet, but it sounds delicious.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Cut one block of cheese into small chunks.
- 3In a round casserole dish, mix the macaroni, eggs, butter, small chunks of cheese, and a few shakes of paprika together.
- 4Add the evaporated milk.
- 5The mixture should be thick, but not slushy.
- 6Cut the second block of cheese into strips, and place on top of the casserole.
- 7Sprinkle a little more paprika on top.
- 8Place some pieces of butter on top.
- 9Bake for 20 minutes until the top bubbles and becomes golden brown.
- 10Let it cool before cutting with a spatula into wedges, like a piece of pie.
Browse Our Top Elbow Macaroni Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mama's Macaroni Pie
Serving Size: 1 (323 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1105.8
- Calories from Fat 625
- Total Fat 69.5 g
- Saturated Fat 42.7 g
- Cholesterol 311.4 mg
- Sodium 1119.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 54.6 g