Recipe by Bri22
This is my Mom's recipe. When she gave it to me I was shocked that it wasn't more complex. It's what I asked for on every birthday! It is very cheesy!
Top Review by Alice Robertson Clark
Your Mama and my mama must be about the same age. This is the same that we had when we were little. I asked my mom and she said it was the same. She made it with Ragu sauce and to this day, Ragu is my favorite. Thank you for posting this recipe. I served to my in-laws and they said they loved good lasagna. Very simple and very good.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce (or homemade sauce if you like)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 (16 ounce) container cottage cheese or 1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese, if you like that better
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- lasagna noodle, uncooked
- 1 (16 ounce) package mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef in a frying pan.
- Add sauce and tomato paste.
- In a bowl mix cottage cheese with egg, Parmesan cheese, and parsley.
- Cover the bottom of a 9x13 inch pan with a little of the sauce.
- Layer the uncooked noodles, then cottage cheese mixture, then meat sauce, then slices of mozzarella. Do one more layer in the same order.
- Sprinkle top with Parmesan cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350°F for 45 minutes to an hour to make sure noodles are done.