Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
I got my copy of this recipe from WETM Tv through Chef Fred. We were at a Health Expo and Chef Fred served this dish. My niece and I loved this dish so much I came home and made it. I serve this over oven baked Spaghetti Squash as Chef Fred did at the Health Expo.
- 4 frozen chicken breast halves
- 1 cup mirepoix (diced celery, carrot, onion ( equal parts)
- 1 cup chopped fennel
- 1 (1 7/8 ounce) envelope dried Italian salad dressing mix
- 14 ounces chicken broth
- Pour miremoix and chopped fennel into the bottom of a greased 3 1/2 to 4 1/2 quart slow cooker.
- Place the chicken on top of the vegetables.
- Sprinkle with the salad dressing mix.
- Pour chicken broth over the top.
- Cover and cook on high heat 4-5 hours or low heat 8-10 hours.
- Serve on a nest of buttered noodles, orzo, or creamy risotto.
- Sauce Option: Remove the chicken from the chicken stock and vegetables.
- Pour the mixture into a medium sauce pan and reduce by 2/3.
- Take the remaining mixture and pour it into the food processor and process until smooth and creamy.
- Drizzle over the chicken and noodles.
- Garnish with grated asiago cheese and chopped scallions.