Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This recipe is from Paula Deen. I made it to go with a simple beef tenderloin and it was a perfect accompaniment. Even if you aren't a HUGE tomato fan, do sprinkle a few on. The combination of all of these ingredients is what makes this such a successful yet simple dish.
- 1 1⁄2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 hard-boiled egg, peeled and very finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup dill pickle relish
- salt and pepper
- lemon pepper seasoning
- 1 small head iceberg lettuce
- crumbled bacon, for serving
- roma tomato, diced finely (optional)
- For Dressing: Whisk mayo, ketchup, egg, relish and seasonings.
- To assemble salad: Cut lettuce into 4 wedges, taking out any hard pieces. Place each on a plate and top with dressing, bacon and tomato.
Nice! I scaled the recipe down and enjoyed it with the lemon pepper seasoning and dill relish. Thanks!