Recipe by April Elaine
This is from a good friend of mine. It's nice to eat when it's cold outside and is very filling.
- 1 lb flank steak (fajita steak)
- 1⁄4 an onion (diced)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 whole celery rib (diced)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 20 ounces green chilies
- 2 (8 ounce) cans beef stock
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 6 potatoes (chopped up)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook ground beef; save grease.
- Cook flank steak in ground beef grease.
- Mix beefs together in a big pot.
- Saute diced onions and celery 5-10 minutes in butter.
- Put beef, onions, celery, green chilis, beef stock, garlic powder, salt, and pepper in a big pot.
- Simmer for two hours.
- After two hours, add chopped up potatoes.
- Simmer 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, stir cornstarch and cold water in a separate bowl until it looks like milk.
- Turn big pot to a boil.
- Slowly, over a period of about 15 minutes, add in cornstarch mixture until it thickens.
- Serve with cheese, sour cream, and/or tomatoes.