1/7 Photos of Mama's Fruit Cobbler
Mama's Kitchen (Hope)'s Note:
Fast and easy. Very unusual topping made with bread- but you can't tell! Use whatever fruit you would like. My family says this is THE best cobbler EVER! I like it bc it is made with things that I always have on hand and can be thrown together in minutes yet it looks pretty enough to serve company.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix first 4 ingredients together and set aside.
- 2Place drained fruit in a buttered 8x8 pan and top with bread strips.
- 3Pour sugar mixture over bread and fruit and sprinkle with cinnamon if desired.
- 4Bake at 350 degrees for 35-45 minutes or until golden brown.
- 5Great topped with ice cream or whipped cream on top.
- 6Note: I dont usually measure the fruit, I just fill the bottom of the pan. Frozen fruit that has been partially defrosted works great as does soft fresh fruit- harder fruits such as apples or pears should be precooked until softened for best results. Drained canned fruit works great for this too. One large can (29 oz) is a perfect amount.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mama's Fruit Cobbler
Serving Size: 1 (56 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 227.5
- Calories from Fat 100
- Total Fat 11.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 23.5 mg
- Sodium 220.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 22.8 g
- Protein 2.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: