Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
My mom and dad divorced when I was nine. My dad begged for the recipe for her pizza, but she refused. Her reasoning was if he could live without her, he could live without her pizza. After you taste it, you'll see what cruel and unusual punishment that was. I make this all the time for my family and they love it.
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 1 lb Italian sausage, removed from casings
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell peppers or 1 red bell pepper
- 1 (2 ounce) cansliced black olives, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) jar sliced mushrooms, drained
- 2 (15 ounce) jars pizza sauce or 2 (15 ounce) jars marinara sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning, crushed
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup self rising flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup romano cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In large skillet, saute ground chuck, onions, sausage, bell pepper, mushrooms, and Italian Seasoning until meat is browned and veggies are tender-crisp. Drain excess fat. Stir in black olives and spread meat mixture into a 13x9 dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- On top of meat mixture, drizzle pizza sauce evenly. On top of that, sprinkle evenly mozzarella cheese and cheddar.
- In small bowl with whisk, combine milk, olive oil, eggs, and flour. Mix just until well-moistened and no lumps. Then lightly stir in parmesan and romano. Drizzle evenly over casserole.
- Bake in 425 oven for 30 minutes or until top is golden brown.
really enjoyed it, and it was SUPER easy to make. Next time I'm going to try more of a mexician flavour and add black beans, tomatoes, corn & chillies, and instead of tomato sauce...salsa. Great recipe!
My boys really enjoyed this. It was simple and tasty. I might layer the meat and cheese next time just for added gooey-ness. Thank you for sharing!
it was alright there is something missing idk what it is ?