Prep 8 mins
Cook 12 mins
I was raised by a single mother who never had a lot of time to cook. She would make this "concoction" a lot and I grew to love it so much. Now I make it for myself and my husband.
- 1 lb hamburger meat
- 1 (5 ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces
- 1⁄2 lb regular spaghetti noodles
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder, to taste
- 1 cup shredded mild cheddar cheese, to taste
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil or 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 tablespoon butter or 1⁄2 tablespoon margarine
- salt and pepper
- Begin boiling noodles in water with 1tbsp cooking oil and 1tsp of Italian seasoning.
- Brown all hamburger meat in skillet over medium-high heat.
- When noodles are almost done, begin to saute mushrooms in skillet with butter, garlic, salt,& pepper to taste.
- When hamburger meat, noodles, and mushrooms are fully cooked, mix together in a medium-sized bowl.
- Add shredded cheddar cheese to taste.
- When cheese is melted, serve.
This was great. My Children loved it. Very easy to make and fast from start to finish. I am always on the look out for fast, easy and good.
My daughter made this tonight....very good! The kids LOVED it...the only things she did differently was to add chopped onion with the ground beef and a can of diced tomatoes (the seasoned kind) and a bit more cheddar cheese....it was tasty. What a wonderful meal to quickly make on a soccer, baseball, karate night!