An old family recipe. The cake is always gone very fast! Notes are provided to adapt the recipe for a healthier modern eating.
- 118.29 ml milk (or 120g)
- 59.16 ml butter (or 52g) or 59.16 ml vegetable oil (or 52g)
- 118.29-177.44 ml sugar (or 100g-150g, depending on whether you want it medium sweet or very sweet)
- 2 ripe bananas (mashed with fork)
- 2 eggs (beat first)
- 354.88 ml flour (or 180g, can be replaced by half Whole Wheat Flour and half oatmeal powder)
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml baking powder
- 0.59 ml salt
- 2.46 ml ground cinnamon (optional)
- 1.23 ml ground nutmeg (optional)
- 0.59 ml ground cloves (optional)
- 177.44 ml of coarsely chopped mixed nuts (or 100g) (optional)
- 177.44 ml raisins (or 100g) (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180°c or 375°F
- Put milk, butter, and sugar in a medium pot and stir over small fire until just melted.
- Remove pan from fire. Add mashed banana to lower the temperture, then stir in beaten eggs.
- Combine all DRY ingredients and stir into the pot.
- Bake appx. 30 minutes for cupcakes, and appx. 50 minutes for loaves depending on the size of your pans. Watch out for color and check for doneness by sticking in a wooden stick, should come out dry.
- Tip: If the color is already golden brown but the cake is still wet, cover with foil and continue baking.