Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
An old family recipe. The cake is always gone very fast! Notes are provided to adapt the recipe for a healthier modern eating.
- 118.29 ml milk (or 120g)
- 59.16 ml butter (or 52g) or 59.16 ml vegetable oil (or 52g)
- 118.29-177.44 ml sugar (or 100g-150g, depending on whether you want it medium sweet or very sweet)
- 2 ripe bananas (mashed with fork)
- 2 eggs (beat first)
- 354.88 ml flour (or 180g, can be replaced by half Whole Wheat Flour and half oatmeal powder)
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml baking powder
- 0.59 ml salt
- 2.46 ml ground cinnamon (optional)
- 1.23 ml ground nutmeg (optional)
- 0.59 ml ground cloves (optional)
- 177.44 ml of coarsely chopped mixed nuts (or 100g) (optional)
- 177.44 ml raisins (or 100g) (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180°c or 375°F
- Put milk, butter, and sugar in a medium pot and stir over small fire until just melted.
- Remove pan from fire. Add mashed banana to lower the temperture, then stir in beaten eggs.
- Combine all DRY ingredients and stir into the pot.
- Bake appx. 30 minutes for cupcakes, and appx. 50 minutes for loaves depending on the size of your pans. Watch out for color and check for doneness by sticking in a wooden stick, should come out dry.
- Tip: If the color is already golden brown but the cake is still wet, cover with foil and continue baking.
The texture is smooth with outside golden brown. Taste so good and not too sweet.<br/>This is my first time baking. Totally worth to try it!!