Recipe by *Chef H*
These cookies are good without the frosting, but taste FANTASTIC with the frosting. These can be made for any occasion and are always elegant, yet casual. (depending on how you decorate them) I promise that you will love this recipe just as much as I do. Work best with cookie cutters.
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 3 cups flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla, and or 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 -3 tablespoons milk (depending on how thick you like it)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cookie directions:.
- Flour cutting board well.
- Roll out 1/3 of dough out at a time (if using cutouts).
- If not using cutouts, roll into small balls and place onto a large cookie sheet.
- If using cutouts, use cookie cutouts and use a spatula to place on a large cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350°F for about 8-10 minutes, or until slightly browned.
- Wait until cooled to put frosting on.
- Frosting directions:.
- Mix powdered sugar and butter.
- Stir in milk and vanilla.
- Beat until frosting is smooth and of spreading consistency.
- Yield: frosting makes enough to frost a 9 by 13-inch cake.