1/2 Photos of Mama's Creamed Peas for Sick Tummies
When I was a little girl and I would get sick, my Mama (Mary in LA) would always serve me Creamed Peas on Toast. It was light enough for an upset tummy but filling enough to make a sick little girl not be hungry anymore. I never could make it like Mama could until now. I finally figured out where the recipe came from! It is from a book called "The Culinary Arts Institute Encyclopedia of Cooking and Homemaking" which was published in 1940. I decide to post this recipe as a tribute to my Mama. Now all mommies can help their daughters sick tummies feel better just like mine did all those years ago. Thanks Mama!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt butter in a large sauce pan.
- 2Whisk in flour and allow to cook for 1 minute.
- 3Slowly add milk, whisking the whole time to prevent lumps.
- 4Add salt and pepper.
- 5Allow to cook until sauce starts to thicken.
- 6Add peas, stir and cook until peas are heated through about 5-7 minutes.
- 7Can be served alone or over toast.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mama's Creamed Peas for Sick Tummies
Serving Size: 1 (155 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 238.7
- Calories from Fat 75
- Total Fat 8.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 23.8 mg
- Sodium 221.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.9 g
- Sugars 9.5 g
- Protein 11.0 g