1/8 Photos of Mama's Coke and Rum Wings and Where's the Rum at Dipping Sauce
4 hrs 10 mins
Sit back, relax and get ready for some heat! The mamas have got a heat searing appetizer with a cooling dip. Make sure you've got your rum punch handy to make this all go down smoothly. This was truly a team effort by The Good Lookin' Cookin' Mamas for ZWT 3.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 30 chicken wings, cleaned and dried (for Sally S...because they are so tasty to eat)
- 2 limes, juice of, large
- 2 cups Coke (for tornadoesthree 'cause she needs a little sugar rush every now and then.)
- 3/4 cup coconut rum
- 3 teaspoons caribbean jerk seasoning, Dry Jerk Seasoning (for Cookie dog because she's got layers to her!)
- 3 -4 tablespoons caribbean jerk seasoning
- 3 -5 tablespoons coconut rum
- 1 medium cucumber, diced small (for charmie..because she likes the color green)
- 1/4 cup sour cream (for Michelle Berteig becuase it's cool and tart like her)
- 1 teaspoon lime juice (For Boomette1 because she likes the taste and smell of limes)
- 1 tablespoon coconut rum (for NoraMarie, because she likes the taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (for Lori in Canada 'cause she's been told she seasons well)
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper (for Shawna Landers because she's Spppicy!)
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated garlic (for bigbadbrenda because it gives you a lift)
- 4 tablespoons cilantro, chopped for garnish (for bmxmomto4 because she always adds a little bit of color!)
- 1In a bowl add all marinade ingredients juice of two limes, 2 cups coke, 3/4 cup coconut rum 3 teaspoons of jerk seasoning and combine with a whisk.
- 2In a large container put in in wings and pour marinade over them and seal the container with a lid or wrap in in plastic wrap.
- 3Wings should Marinate over night for best flavor.
- 4To make Rub: Combine 3-4 Tablespoons Seasoning and 3-5 Tablespoons Coconut rum until the mixture has a loose paste like mixture but can still stick to your wings. You may need more rum depending on your preferences ;).
- 5Get your grill hot and ready for your wings.
- 6Lay the wings out on the grill evenly spaced and not touching each other, if your grill isn't big enough for all 30 wings. Cook them in two batches.
- 7Since the cooking time is different for each grill, in the first fifteen minutes check for the heat of your grill and how your wings are responding to the heat and whether you'll need to adjust the heat or not.
- 8Flip wings after 15 minutes and apply rub to the wings sparingly, the jerk seasoning is very hot in spice. Let wings cook for another 15 minutes and flip and apply rub sparingly.
- 9Repeat process until wings are done about an hour total process, depending on your home grill it could take a longer or shorter period of time.
- 10To Make Dipping Sauce: Combine all ingredients together and refrigerate until cold.Garnish with chopped cilantro before serving.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mama's Coke and Rum Wings and Where's the Rum at Dipping Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (528 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 830.2
- Calories from Fat 445
- Total Fat 49.4 g
- Saturated Fat 14.6 g
- Cholesterol 231.4 mg
- Sodium 343.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 10.1 g
- Protein 54.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
caribbean jerk seasoning
caribbean jerk seasoning