Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is my mother's mouthwatering chicken pot pie. She makes it with a wonderful homemade pie crust recipe... which I can't find. So for now I just cheat and use a frozen pie shell.
- 4 -8 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup diced potato
- 1 cup diced carrot
- 1⁄2-1 yellow onion
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon marjoram
- 2 cups cooked cubed chicken
- 1⁄2-1 cup grated cheese
- 1 frozen pie shell
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Fry the potatoes, carrots and onions in the butter.
- In a separate bowl combine the cream of chicken soup, tyme, basil, marjoram, chicken and cheese.
- After the veggies are done, place them in the bowl and mix well with other ingredients.
- Pour into a deep casserole dish.
- Place a frozen pie shell on top of the dish and cut slits in the top of it.
- Place in the oven and bake for about 45 minutes.