Recipe by Sammy Mae
Easy and creamy. My husband loves this! Prep time does not include boiling chicken.
Top Review by Nif
The flavours of this casserole are great! The chilies are the perfect accent to the creamy sauce. I did things slightly different however. I cooked the chicken in a pan instead of boiling it. There weren't any instructions for the onions so I just sauteed them in the same pan and then added the sauce ingredients to that to get up the little bits in the pan. I also couldn't find corn tortillas so I used 8 large flour tortillas. My husband especially liked this! Made for my adopted chef for PAC 2011. Thanks Sammy Mae! :)
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 2 (4 1/2 ounce) cans diced green chilies
- 1 onion, chopped
- 10 ounces cheddar cheese, grated
- 12 corn tortillas
- 4 -5 chicken breasts, boiled and torn in pieces
- 1 (12 ounce) canmilnot original evaporated milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat soup, Milnot, and chiles in medium saucepan over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until heated through.
- While heating soup mixture, tear each tortilla into quarters.
- In 13" x 9" casserole dish, layer tortillas, chicken, soup mixture, and cheese until all are used.
- Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 45 minutes or until hot and bubbly.